Having grossed $1.05 billion and counting at the box office, Disney and Lucasfilm’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is now ready to begin its no doubt long life on home video. The studios today revealed the Blu-ray trailer for the film, which announces that Rogue One will be available on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on March 24th, with a Blu-ray combo pack, DVD, and on demand release to follow on April 4th.
The bonus features for the home video release are extensive, as they were for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but sadly they don’t include an audio commentary by director Gareth Edwards. Of course, Disney went the double-dipping route with Force Awakens and released a 3D Blu-ray that included an Abrams commentary later on, so it’s possible they’re saving Edwards’ commentary track for sometime down the road.
Check out the Blu-ray trailer below, followed by details on all the bonus features.
Below is a list of the bonus features that are offered with the home video release of Rogue One, although I wouldn’t hold my breath for these behind-the-scenes documentaries to get too deep into the reshoots and rewrites.
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars