Nintendo has released a new trailer and game info for the upcoming release of Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. It’s no secret the gang at Geek Legacy is super excited to get behind the wheel of this gorgeous new edition to the franchise. Here’s a quick breakdown of what to expect from the game and your opponents.
- Spin Boost: Tear through traffic whilst racing on walls or even upside down by bumping into other racers or “certain track obstacles” to get a boost of speed.
- Returning Characters: Making their way back to the track are Metal Mario, Lakitu and Shy Guy.
- New Items: Using the Piranha Plant to chomp your way to victory lane just sounds bad ass. In the trailer, you’ll see Yoshi attach the plant to the front of his kart to bite his competitors. Side note- When the Piranha Plant lunges forward for some chompy-chomp action, the player receives a speed boost. Also new to the series, is the Boomerang Flower. This powerful new tool can be thrown forward or backward, stunning all enemies in its path. Just remember you only get three shots.
- New Courses: There are 16 new and 16 remixed classic courses for your racing pleasure.
- Live Recorded Music: Select courses will feature live recorded music.
- Control Scheme: The GamePad, Pro Controller, Wii Wheel, and finally the Wii Remote and Nunchuk will be supported.